This might seem trivial, it might seem like its not really important but as a person who works an average of 8 hours a day, do you ever get headaches?
I learnt this first hand. Every time I get a headache I do not take medication. ( Actually, its because I do not posses the moral/will power to actually ingest medication with water or even a beverage. The only way a tablet is getting into my mouth is if its coated with Eba and Okro soup. Cheers)
Obviously I had to find an alternative for paracetamol so I started drinking water and I discovered that drinking water actually cures my headaches. I have not ingested meds for headaches in about 4 years.
This post is mainly to remind you to drink water. Drink at your desk, at home. commuting, just drink some water and live your life headache free.
I am not a doctor, so if you feel like your head ache is not caused by mild dehydration by all means see a doctor. I can do a lot of things for you but I can’t save you. I wish I could! *insert sad face smiley*
Here are some important facts about water! Enjoy!
- Roughly 70 percent of an adult’s body is made up of water.
- At birth, water accounts for approximately 80 percent of an infant’s body weight.
- A healthy person can drink about three gallons (48 cups) of water per day.
- Drinking too much water too quickly can lead to water intoxication. Water intoxication occurs when water dilutes the sodium level in the bloodstream and causes an imbalance of water in the brain
- Soft drinks, coffee, and tea, while made up almost entirely of water, also contain caffeine. Caffeine can act as a mild diuretic, preventing water from traveling to necessary locations in the body
- By the time a person feels thirsty, his or her body has lost over 1 percent of its total water amount.
- The weight a person loses directly after intense physical activity is weight from water, not fat.
Why you must Drink water.
- Water is absolutely essential to the human body’s survival. A person can live for about a month without food, but only about a week without water.
- Water helps to maintain healthy body weight by increasing metabolism and regulating appetite.
- Water leads to increased energy levels. The most common cause of daytime fatigue is actually mild dehydration.
- Drinking adequate amounts of water can decrease the risk of certain types of cancers, including colon cancer, bladder cancer, and breast cancer.
- For a majority of sufferers, drinking water can significantly reduce joint and/or back pain.
- Water leads to overall greater health by flushing out wastes and bacteria that can cause disease.
- Water can prevent and alleviate headaches.
Its Important to note that:
- Water natural Air is not completely clean, the food we eat may have insignificant amounts of toxic, the products that we use on our skin and hair are also toxic. Water removes the dangerous toxins that are added into our body.
- Water cushions our body joints.
- Water acts as a transport for oxygen and nutrition throughout the cells in the body.
- Water helps regulate body temperature.
- Water helps prevent blood pressure from dropping to critical levels.
- Water helps to defend against blood clots.
- Water encourages bowel movement.
- Water helps the normal kidney function from getting impaired.
- Water keeps us from getting excessively dry skin.
- Water lowers incidence of urinary tract infections.
- Water also helps us from experiencing reoccurring headaches.
- Water also helps alleviate fevers.
Now, stop what you are doing and drink a cup of water… yesss. Have a nice day people!