Happy Monday friends!
I hope your weekend was amazing? I had an amazing weekend; it’s so crazy that I didn’t take any pictures. I am still learning to vlog and take pictures so I can share with you guys here and on YouTube. I don’t know if I mentioned but I’m starting YouTube I have a lot to say and share so I decided why not broaden my horizon using YouTube??!!! Exciting times eh?
If you haven’t seen #Accordingtolarz on instagram I have only one question for you! What are you doing with your life??? LOL
I have a short message to deliver today, we live in a world that harbors both positive and negative vibes. It’s a general pandemic that we as humans prefer to magnify the negative and ignore the positives. Most times it’s not our fault; it’s just how society is made up. As a matter of fact, it’s hard to see the positives when the negative information and circumstances are what permeate our lives constantly.
This is my opinion; we have to take deliberate steps to live a positive life. We must decide to see the good in life and make sure that no matter how much we are pressured we do not give up on seeing the bright side. It doesn’t matter how bad things are right now, believe that there’s light at the end of every tunnel. Surely there’s an end to every beginning, someday soon, you will look back and wonder why did I worry so much?
Believe me, it doesn’t matter how good you think you have it, we all still have issues that bother us; it may range from money to health or even social issues. I am not saying live in denial about the facts of life, I am saying make deliberate efforts towards living a positive life despite the apparent circumstance that may be dictating otherwise.
Here are 6 Tips on how to live a more positive life
- Think positive thoughts: I know this sounds cliché but it’s the simple truth. Make a conscious and deliberate effort to think about positive things only.
- Replace Negative thoughts with positive ones: This I learnt from my cousin who’s a life coach. Don’t just stop at thinking positive thoughts; consciously replace negative thoughts with positive ones. Instead of thinking “I’ll fail, replace such thoughts with nah! I’m a success… Don’t expect magic but over time you’ll see your mind will become a wonderland of positive thinking.
- Differentiate between thinking and worrying: Most times when we claim to be deep in thoughts we are actually worrying. Thinking has a positive attitude to it, it’s making plans for future events. Worrying on the other hand, is spending time doubting future events and coming up with reasons why it may not be possible. Like my mother says: Worrying is like a rocking chair it takes you nowhere!
- Cast your cares: Cast your cares on the lord for he cares for you. That’s all. God has a soft place in his heart for you, he sees you through rose coloured glasses you are perfect to him. Don’t be afraid to cast your worries on him and live a positive life.
- Surround yourself with positive people: Surround yourself with positive people. Friendship is worthless if it adds to your negative outlook on life. Surround yourself with people that inspire happiness. Avoid unnecessary drama.
- Think the best of yourself to
narcissistic extents; This is very important. No one will think great of you if you do not think great of yourself. You are the best thing God has ever made. Anyone shorter than you is too short, taller than you is too short, skinnier than you is too skinny and bigger than you is too big.
Look in the mirror and give yourself a compliment. You are beautiful and wonderful; your mind is sharp and quick. Let no one tell you otherwise.
Have the best week ever!