Yesterday the 25th of November was the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women. The United nations has as a result of this occasion declared 16 days of activism leading up to 10th of December which is Human Rights Day.
The 16 days of activism in ending violence against women is a time to motivate the world or in this case, Nigeria to action to end violence against women.
It is time for us all to speak out and plead the cause of women in regards to human rights. Women are the most marginalized group of people in the world and it is time for us to rise up and affirm our equality. We say no to domestic violence, no to rape, no to physical, mental or psychological abuse and we demand that women be treated with respect in the workplace and on the home front.
According to Larz will be observing the 16 days of activism by doing posts on the following topics during and beyond the 16 days set aside for advocacy and activism.
- SENSITIZATION: What are you doing to end gender based violence?
- RAPE and the Culture of silence and oppression.
- GIRLS NOT BRIDE: In depths look into the menace of child marriage.
- DOMESTIC VIOLENCE and its impact on women, children and the society.
- THE ROLE OF TERRORISM in the perpetration of violence against women.
- EDUCATING THE GIRL CHILD: its role in ending violence against women.
- ENDING VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN: The way forward.
In the Next 15 days, According to Larz will feature the following posts. I will be posting and we will also have guest bloggers do justice to some of these topics. My sincere hope is that someone somewhere will learn from us and our activism will sensitize and motivate people in the area of protection of the rights of women.
Not every time sarcasm and jokes, sometimes advocacy and activism…
According to Larz.